Saturday 31 December 2011

Catching up

It's been a while since I posted on this blog, and I've been feeling a little guilty about it. I know it was one of the actions on my PDP that I put together as part of Thing 23 for the cpd23 course, so I had a look at the PDP to see how far I had got with the other actions...

I was relieved, and a little bit surprised, to find that things aren't as bad as I thought! Whilst I haven't completed any of the actions, I hadn't planned to by the end of the year. I must have been having one of those rare moments of realism I get occasionally when writing the PDP.

One of the actions that I am working towards is preparing part of a library staff development hour on open access using Prezi. Another action is to create a screencast for an e-learning object.

Once I've delivered the staff develoment hour session I'll put a link to the Prezi on the blog, but at the moment it may well still need some tweaks before the session itself.

Although I won't be using Jing to create the screencast, it should use similar skills and get me started on the right track to create future screencasts.

I'm doing less well with keeping this blog up-to-date, and using Twitter more. Whilst I'm pretty good at reading tweets and taking away useful bits of info (often things I wouldn't have known otherwise), I'm totally rubbish at tweeting myself. I also tend to only up-date this blog when I have something specific to say - which I guess is OK, I just wish I had specific things to say a little more often! I'll try to be a little prolific in the New Year.

On an unrelated bright side, I've now had the results of the Information and Management Leadership Level 3 course confirmed by an external examiner, and I passed. I'm feeling quite smug that I got 100% on one of the three essays...

2 comments:

  1. I'm encouraged Anna seeing you using all the web 2.0 tools I learnt about in CPD23. I am working on using the prezi now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been great to get the opportunity to use some of these tools! I hope you get on well with using prezi - I found it quite fun to use. It did take some time to plan what I was going to do, but it was an enjoyable process and thankfully I have had some quite positive responses from those people I have submitted my Prezi to (for now I've only been brave enough to test it out on library colleagues though...). Let me know how you get on with it!

    ReplyDelete